So I have seen so many people post what they are thankful for this month. You know, the whole Thanksgiving Holiday thing :) . Well first off...I have stayed away from doing that because 1) Shouldn't we be thankful all year? and 2) Everyone else is doing it and...I am not one to follow the crowd! But...the more I thought about it, the more I thought...Why not! I have so many things to be thankful for (year round!)
So here we go! (and I will do 30 since 1) It's a nice round number and 2) There are 30 days in November. If I was really ambitious I would do 365 items but...yeah no! :)
I am thankful for:
1) My wonderful husband and soul mate. 16 years together and 15 years of marriage and I still love him! He makes me laugh every day and totally gets me, probably more than I get me!
2) A beautiful, caring daughter who is smart and has a great sense of humor. Though we butt heads regularly I just know this makes her a strong individual that will never let anyone push her around
3) Parents and in-laws that are (mostly) healthy and are around to watch my daughter grow up
4) The fun relationship I see my daughter developing with her grandma
5) A job, even though right now it is a contract position (which equals no time off). I am just thankful to be employed and doing something I enjoy and working with some wonderful people who don't mind my endless questions!
6) That even though I was unemployed this summer that I could collect unemployment and got to spend some extra quality time with my daughter
7) All my friends and family that stood by me as I dealt with a very toxic person/situation who made me doubt myself as a person and my abilities
8) A roof over my head though there are times I just want to torch it and start fresh! I am thankful I have a house that I have to clean and that for the most part...it's in good shape!
9) For a nice newer car that I know is going to be pretty reliable (and with new snow tires should hopefully get me around pretty well if it snows!)
10) That I have been blessed with a sense of humor and have friends and family that totally get it and don't think less of me because of it!
11) That I got to co-coach a wonderful bunch of cheerleaders with a awesome partner in crime
12) Coffee! Need I say more???
13) The endless supply of books because I just love to read
14) My furry animals that make me laugh and love me unconditionally
15) Chocolate because what would a world without chocolate be?
16) People that will support my various business adventures no matter how pushy or annoying I may be trying to promote it!
17) A wood stove that my husband keeps a fire in during the winter
18) The fact that my daughter is now old enough that she is pretty self reliant (but let's face it, she is still a kid so will try to get mom and dad to do stuff for her that she is totally capable of!)
19) Thursday nights because I get to watch hot guys on my TV screen for an hour
20) That my dear husband let's me drool over said hot guys on Thursday nights!
21) Warm fuzzy socks and flannel pj bottoms for those cold days where I am just vegging around
22) Wonderful and crazy sister-in-law's that I actually like
23) A pretty decent childhood that didn't screw me up too much for adulthood!
24) New friends, old friends, and those in between friends that have all brought a little something to my life and has helped shape me into who I am today
25) Thumb holes - those things are just AWESOME!
26) Heated seats in my car. I mean whoever thought of that was a genius!! I thank you and my butt thanks you!
27) My Health. Oh sure, I have a bit of arthritis in my hands, an ache in my foot every morning but for the most part I am ready and able and have no serious ailments
28) Facebook. Yes I said it. I am thankful for Facebook. Though it can be somewhat debilitating at time it has connected me (or reconnected me) with people that have helped me through situations or made me laugh on days where I just wanted to curl up into the fetal position
29) Pinterest because I sure couldn't come up with some of this crap on my own!
30) Each day that I get to live another day, breath another breathe, see another sunrise and to love and be loved!