Random stuff bout Me, Chad, Shelby or anything else I feel like talking about

Thursday, September 29, 2011

I had a really good title for this post....

Dang, I really must stop whatever I am doing when I come up with something to write about on this blog. But NOOOOOOOO! I think like a rational person and tell myself "No silly, you don't need to jump out of bed at 3 am in the morning just to go turn on the computer to write that AWESOME, witty and thought provoking post. You will still remember what all you were going to write when you get up at the normal time in the morning" Ha, ha, and ha!!!

So I went to Curriculum Night at Shelby's school last week. Her teacher came up to me and says "Oh I just love having her in class! She is such a great kid!" Um wait...are we talking about my Shelby? Shelby Pederslie? Cuz that sure doesn't sound like my daughter!

Hard to believe that my little baby is a big 3rd grader now. She will be 9 on her next birthday! I looked at her the other and just realized she isn't a little baby anymore. Well no, I guess I figured that out years ago when I tried to lay her on my chest as we used to do and lost the ability to breath due to her weight on me. I mean the stinker is almost as tall as me. I have NO idea where she gets her height from. I don't think I was the height she is now until possibly 5th or 6th grade!

You know, Shelby has more of a social life then I ever have. We are busy, busy, busy! Tuesday is soccer and then swim lessons, Thursday will be Spanish, Friday is art and Saturdays are her soccer games. Thank goodness we only have one child! I could not image trying to cart more than one kid off to all the different events. Oh wait...one more. Her girl scout troop has their first meeting of the year tomorrow.

I have come to the conclusion that Shelby cannot be my child. Let's review:

1) She doesn't look like me (She's a Mini Chad)
2) She likes physical activity (i.e. swimming and soccer)
3) She is a smart cookie
4) She is always the tallest kid in class/on the team
5) Let's face it, she is way prettier than I ever was

So not really sure how I ended up with another person's child since I do seem to recall giving birth to her. Hmmmmm......

You know, I think I am going to keep a pen and paper next to my bed. The next time I wake up in the middle of the night with a GREAT idea for a post I must write it down so as not to bore my readers (Hi mom! Hi Aunt Marian!) any more than I have to!

No comments: