Random stuff bout Me, Chad, Shelby or anything else I feel like talking about

Monday, December 3, 2018

If you can't laugh at yourself, Let me do it for you!

Well if I do laugh at you, I will try to do it quietly or behind your back!

Seriously though, I am a firm believer that you need a little humor in every day. You can't take life to seriously. And that includes being able to laugh at yourself when you do stupid things, or even if you make a comment that only you find funny!

So today I wanted to turn on the lights in our family room. Chad recently put in dimmer switches so today I stood there yelling at my phone "Hey Siri!". It was only after Siri turned on the lights (and then dimmed them when I asked) that I was like "OMG, I just stood RIGHT next to the light switch yelling at my phone to turn on the lights when I could just have easily leaned over and pushed the button with my finger! 

In case you don't know this about me, my mind is constantly in the gutter. Somehow my daughter has also inherited this as well. If something can be construed as dirty I will go there! This of course results in weird stares as I may burst out into random laughter while at work, or in a store, and no one will understand why. But the best part?? When your friend that you are texting or skyping responds with the same dirty comments. It's even better if you are in the vicinity of each other because then you can hear them laugh when they read your comment!

I believe the best trait you can find in a spouse (or even a forever friend) is for them to have a sense of humor. Helps if their sense of humor is as demented as yours. I have been graced with many friends who share my silliness. I am also luckily that they get my silliness and are not insulted by the sarcasm that usually goes along with it. 

I feel that it is kind of wrong of me to be proud that my daughter is as silly and sarcastic as I am. There is that small part of me that thinks this is the result of bad parenting, but then the rest of me goes "Oh my god! I am SOOOO proud of my daughter! She is a bigger smart ass than I am!" There have been many times where Chad & I will look at each other either after Shelby says something in our presence or we hear from friends what she said. We just smile, and are filled with pride and just think "My job here is done. This child will do just fine in the real world!"

Life is really too short to not enjoy it and laugh a lot. Laugh at yourself, laugh at the silly things your kids do, laugh at your friend when they trip over their own feet (and hopefully they will laugh at you when you trip over yours!)



No comments: