Random stuff bout Me, Chad, Shelby or anything else I feel like talking about

Friday, January 8, 2010

What could have been

So I am not sure why but in the past few days I have been having those "What if" thoughts. You know the ones! What if I had dated so & so, what if I had taken that job, etc. etc. I sometimes think that I would love to go back in time and change how things evolved (knowing what I know now of course!) You know like Erica in that show "Becoming Erica" on SoapNet!

I guess some of this has come of all the people I have reconnected with via Facebook. I have reconnected with classmates and formed or are forming some great new friendships, but...some of these people I never really hung out with in school! I knew them, I am sure we had classes together but that is the extent of our relationship. It makes me think of why we were not friends back in school and there is this part of me that goes "If I could go back in time..."

But then I tell myself everything happens for a reason! I am meant to be friends with these people now because I need them in my life now. I am the person I am today because of the traumas and the turmoils I had to wade through then!

I have been struggling with some relationships in my life and there are days where I have just had enough. I know I shouldn't give up but when you try and try and get nothing in return it is hard.

I found this quote just a minute ago and I really like it!

“Sometimes you put walls up not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down.”


I want these type of people as friends! Those that care enough to break down my wall instead of turning away!

Are you one of those friends?

>

1 comment:

Chad said...

Probably saying "what if I didn't marry Chad"...Then you wouldn't have such a cute loving little girl!