Random stuff bout Me, Chad, Shelby or anything else I feel like talking about

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Back from good ol' Meen-a-sew-ta

So I recently got to go to Minnesota (pronounced Meen-a-sew-ta, ya sure, ya betcha!) for work. Two of our Honeywell sites are there and I wanted to actually meet the people I work with on a daily basis. What a gorgeous state! And I was able to dry out for a bit as the weather was a warm 80 degrees the whole time I was there!

So let's just say that traveling allows those of us that enjoy the sport of people watching to have a hayday! Oh the stories I could tell....and will tell!

So let's begin with the people that purchased an airline ticket for their marble duck. Yes you heard me correctly, a marble duck! Then I watched as several people went in and out of one of the bathrooms but I saw no one go in or come out of the other for quite some time. Let's just say I am SO glad I didn't have to go potty and didn't have to venture into that bathroom after that dude was done!

My flight was long enough that they actually showed a show on the little video screens. I opted for not getting out my headphones because I had my People magazine to read, which was probably good because the show that was on was New Girl. I have only caught the show once or twice and wouldn't you know it...the episode that was on, was one of the two I had seen!

My HW counterparts in MN are great people! My one coworker took me to the Mall of America (A mall on steroids), then she and several other coworkers took me to dinner Thursday and showed me some of the sites. Just makes me realize I am a terrible tour guide when people come to Seattle!

So it wasn't until I was at the Minneapolis airport heading home that I encountered "real" Minnesotans. You know, the ones who's daily dialogue includes a lot of ya sure, ya betcha!

It was a successful business trip and I would love to go back some day but I am glad to be back home too :)

1 comment:

shelbybelle said...

cool mom. even thow that was a long time ago you got back. you got back like early june