Random stuff bout Me, Chad, Shelby or anything else I feel like talking about

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Holy Crap! I'm a Mom!!

So I was talking to a friend the other about our kids. She asked me if I have ever looked at Shelby and just thought to myself "Holy Crap! I'm a Mom!" I had to chuckle because my first thought after Shelby was born was "Crap. I have one of those. What do I do now?" No tears of joy, no feelings of undying love. Nope, just a simple "Crap!"

I don't how often I start to recite the Serenity prayer (you know the one) when dealing with my child. Funny because that is the prayer used for Alcoholics Anonymous meetings and well, parenting can drive you to drink!!

Don't get me wrong. I love Shelby. I love her more than words can say. See, I am not totally heartless. That undying love did eventually show up. But there are days I just want to strangle her. Well strangle her and hug her at the same time. How can these little people cause so much emotion??

I have to say my favorite moments are those ones where I go in to check on her when she is sleeping. The devil horns have retracted for the night and she looks so angelic. I forget how she screamed at me earlier when I told her to clean her room, or how she rolled her eyes at me when I made a suggestion of some kind.

Sometimes I feel like going "God, seriously, why did you trust me to raise this little creature? Is this some type of joke??" But he must have a bigger plan for me, and he knows what he is doing! Well for Shelby's sake...I hope so!

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

The courage to change the things I can,

And wisdom to know the difference.




1 comment:

Josie (Joanne Barnes) said...

You have no idea how perfect this was for me to read today. Thank you!