Random stuff bout Me, Chad, Shelby or anything else I feel like talking about

Monday, September 16, 2013

Phew! We made it!

Hard to believe but Chad & I celebrate 13 wonderful years of marriage today. 13 years ago today we professed our eternal love for each other in front of friends & family. Well honestly I don't know what we agreed to that fateful day as my memory is a bit fuzzy. I am pretty sure someone must have drugged me, and I am pretty sure Chad was about three sheets to the wind BEFORE the ceremony started...

Seriously though...I sure lucked out when he came into my life. And what a story that is!

So around Christmas of 1997 mutual friends of ours invited me to a Christmas Party. My friend's husband and Chad worked together. I met Chad, and even hung out with Chad but Chad does not remember me....Three sheets again!

Fast forward to June 1999. I had recently broken up with a guy and had moved out on my own. Our friends wanted to introduce us again (sober this time!). You know, so I could have a good guy friend that I could hang out with and who wouldn't "try to get into my pants". Later I mentioned this to Chad and he said "I'm a guy. If give the opportunity to get into your pants, I would have!"

So our friends set up a blind date. Well blind for Chad because, if you remember, we had met before but only ONE of us was sober! Chad tried to get the 4-1-1 on me beforehand and was only told "She is a nice girl that has her own place" Well to Chad nice girl=not so pretty girl and her own place=trailer park. So you can imagine his hesitation going into this date! It did not help that our friends drove by the trailer park on the way to my apartment!

Our first date was at Ivar's in Mukilteo. I don't think Chad & I said a word to each other at dinner, and in fact our waiter was hitting on him! Afterwards we all went back to my apartment. I think it was at that point, when Chad saw my little Corvette Hot Wheels car that he knew he had found THE ONE. For me it was when I found out he had a DVD player (which were fairly new at the time). You know, the important things....

We were engaged 4 months after we met and married 11 months after we got engaged. 13 years later we still tolerate each other and have a beautiful daughter as a result.

He makes me laugh, he makes me cry (from laughing so hard), he cares for me when I am down and is the best father to our daughter.

Happy Anniversary Chad! I love you!

No comments: