Random stuff bout Me, Chad, Shelby or anything else I feel like talking about

Monday, March 19, 2012

I haven't aged a bit!

It is fun to be able to go online to Facebook or any of these other sites to catch up with people you knew in school or haven't seen in ages. One of my first thoughts is, "Oh man, have they aged! I haven't aged a bit though....Weird...."

Okay, Okay I know that I have probably changed...a bit! But I am happy to say that I am still the same weight I was in high school. No seriously...that is what my drivers license says and those don't lie! Oh sure, when I renew my license they have asked if anything needs to be updated but really, it's just a pound or two difference, why hassle with it!

So who has the most gray hair? Has put on the most weight? Looks older than they really are? Has gone bald? And in some cases were those the people that thought they were all that? Don't you wish you could go back in time and wipe that cocky smile off their face and go "Dude, here is what you are going to look like in 20 yrs".

Do you ever feel that you cursed yourself when you were younger? My mom believes she cursed herself by always bragging as a kid how she was so skinny that her stomach actually was concave. Life played a cruel trick on her and turned that concave belly into a little spare tire.

Thanks to my friend Ms. Clairol I do not have any gray hairs, and aren't muffin tops/spare tires the in thing now??

Things do get better with age. Oh sure, my tummy is a bit fuller than it was almost 20 years ago, but let's recall the hair styles and fashions back then. I would like to think that I have wised up, toned down the hair and know how to dress better.

I have seen this one quote/saying many times - probably on Facebook but I think it is very fitting for this post.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"


And with that, I think I will go eat a cookie and maybe pull that one gray hair out!



No comments: