Random stuff bout Me, Chad, Shelby or anything else I feel like talking about

Saturday, May 2, 2015

I'm Good Enough, I'm Smart Enough and doggone it people like me!

That is my motto today!!

Funny that my horoscope yesterday was to document my life story and write about it. My coworker says "Time to update your blog!" I was like "Yeah I have nothing to write about!" but after what transpired yesterday that has changed!

I suffer from depression. Most of the time it's just seasonal. The dark and dreary winter months cause me to shrink back into my shell and just want to hibernate until the sun comes out again. However in the past 9  months this has not been the case and this is not normal.

Yes we have had life altering issues, such as the death of a friend which I am sure contributes to it, however this was worse than that. For the first time ever I had people that were (and are) extremely worried about me. So this made me really stop and think. Obviously things are pretty bad if I have said or done things that make my friends worried. I am usually one that tries not to lean on others and to try to fix my problems first. If I am no longer able to do this than I am not as strong as I once was and this means I need some help.

I was in a bad situation for the past several months. No need to go into what it was, as most of my friends already know. This situation had people making me doubt myself. Every day I felt like I had no redeeming qualities and that I sucked at everything I did. I was basically to blame for everything. If you know me, you know that this is not the case! I am a kind, considerate, hard-working individual! If I make a mistake, I try to learn from it and move on. I always put my best effort forward. To be accused of not doing this just angers me. As I see it, the situation has taken a turn for the better. I may struggle for a bit but in the end I know my faith and self worth will be restored.

I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. I reflected on my situation last night and was like "Why did I have to suffer through this and feel all this pain?" Who knows what the real reasons may be but I feel it was for two reasons.

The first reason was so that know that I never want to deal with a situation or people like I had to again. I will be reminded that I deserve better than that and to stick up for myself.

The second reason is for the friendships that transpired or grew from this. Not only the new friendships but the reassurance that I have a wonderful group of friends that are always there for me.

I am good enough, I am smart enough and DOGGONE it, people like me!!

No comments: