Random stuff bout Me, Chad, Shelby or anything else I feel like talking about

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

36 Days Until Xmas......

SIGH.....................................Time just flies way to fast. I can't believe Christmas is that close. Of course Shelby can believe it and even said the other day "When is Christmas going to be here?"

We received a toy flyer in the mail the other day and she took it upon herself to circle all the items she wants. I did inform her that Santa won't bring her all of that and she just denied that and said that Santa can bring her anything. Now....I don't want to shatter anyones thoughts/beliefs, but....There is no Santa Claus. That would be me, and well this Santa just cannot afford much of anything this Christmas.

I hate that the Christmas commercials are already on TV. Everytime I turn around Shelby is going "I want that!" and I heard her the other singing "The Kmart way, The Smart Way" or whatever they say on the commercials. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! No more TV until AFTER Christmas!

Tonight we went to Costco and while we were there we looked for a gift for her friend who is having a birthday party this Sunday. Well I am sure you can all remember what it was like when you were a kid and had to buy your friend a gift. It was hard, and you wanted something as well. And god forbid that you get your friend something you don't have!! Well that is the dilemna we ran in to! Shelby wanted something and even though I did want to make her feel better (yes she got the tears going) I just knew I could not buy her something as well. Well we did find a gift for her friend and she is upset all over again because now she wants one for her too.

Honestly I just think she was tired. She went to bed late last night and we picked her up right off the bus and headed in to town.

So, yeah 36 days until Christmas. I think I will be making a lot of homemade gifts this year. One, because I don't really know what to get people and two, because I can't really afford much else. So everyone - you are getting scrapbooks, sets of cards, calendars and anything else I can make with paper, glue, scissors and bling!!

I'd rather be scrapbooking - okay, no I would rather be vegging on the couch but I know I should be scrapbooking since my card workshop is less then 3 weeks away. But that is what the extra long Thanksgiving holiday weekend is for, right??!!

No comments: