Random stuff bout Me, Chad, Shelby or anything else I feel like talking about

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Sowing the Seeds of Love



This year we decided to plant a garden. We thought we would try to grow our own fruit & veggies to save a few bucks at the grocery store. So Chad cleared an area and over Memorial Day weekend I ho'd away. I didn't do the best job of clearing the area of rocks and weeds - there were just too many!! So what if we get a little grass in with our lettuce. I am sure grass is good for us! The dog and cats eat it, why can't we???

So my friend Yvonne gave me a few strawberry plants (Thanks Yvonne!) and the other day Shelby was all like "Look Mommy, a strawberry!" Granted it is VERY little and VERY green but it's cool to see the flowers turning in to strawberries.

So anyway I planted this stuff Memorial day weekend and a few days ago Chad goes "Either its weeds or we actually have stuff coming through" So we all trekked out there and guess what...it wasn't weeds!!! We have actual veggies growing!! Okay, okay, we did cheat on a few and bought starters at the store but we planted corn, lettuce, peas and carrots from little seeds. It is SO cool!!

We wanted a scarecrow and I was going to make one out of Chads old clothes. Well Shelby, being the smart little cookie that she is, remembered we had one from Halloween. Now I am not sure how long it will last in the elements but it will work for now. Though...I about poop my pants every time I look out the window because I think someone is standing in the backyard! I hope that if it scares me that it will scare away the birds and the deer!


(Hard to see the row of veggies but there are little sprouts coming up!)


(See? See! I told you!!)

No comments: