Random stuff bout Me, Chad, Shelby or anything else I feel like talking about

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day


Hmm I think this is going to be a tough post for me because I don't necessarily have the fondest memories of my dad - at least not from the most recent years. And well, those first few years are kind of fuzzy!

Now it isn't that my dad is a bad guy, I just don't think he knows how to relate to his own kids. Which sucks because we are pretty great people! But he is able to show more affection for his grandchildren - but then again...You know I think both of my grandpa's were the same way. I don't know if it is because they just don't know exactly what to do as parents and the pressure if off of them when it comes to grandkids.

So what do I remember about my dad - well I have this image in my head of him washing the Starcraft tent trailer and truck right before one of our many camping trips. I remember listening to Hank Williams "Hey Good Lookin' " on 8 track while the whole family sat in the cab of the truck (me on my mom's lap!) and made our way to whatever campground we were staying at that weekend.

I remember (vaguely!) my dad with a full head of black hair. Pictures help with that because it has BEEN eons since he had any other color hair besides gray!!

I have a memory of me holding my dads hand and taking him on some type of tour of our yard. I have no idea why but I think my brother and I had created some type of display/fortress and it was my job to show it and explain it to my dad. There was someone wearing his bathrobe in this image but it must have been me because dad wearing it outside of the house or at all (I don't recall him EVER using/wearing a robe) didn't seem likely.

It must be tough for daddy's to see their little girls grow up. Maybe that is what happened to me and my dad. I hope though that the same will not happen to Chad & Shelby. I want her to always have a special bond with her daddy no matter how old she gets!

Happy Father's Day!

Photobucket

No comments: