Random stuff bout Me, Chad, Shelby or anything else I feel like talking about

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Thank You for Being a Friend

If you are like me, when you see/hear/read those words that first thing that comes to mind is The Golden Girls theme song. Today another one of the Golden Girls - Rue McClanahan - passed away. I am sure everyone remembers her character, Blanche Deveraux from the phenomenal show. With her southern accent and stories of her sexual escapades how could you not love her?

I remember watching The Golden Girls when it first came on. I would watch it with my mom on Saturday nights and I just remember at the time thinking "Man, they are old!" Yet they were the age that my mom is now! Hmm, and I think I see some of each of them in my mom and her friends!

I don't think I have ever watched a show where I had trouble picking out my most favorite character. Most shows there is always some characters I like less than others, but I cannot pick a favorite when it comes to this show. From Dorothy saying "Shady Pines Ma! Shady Pines" to Sophia's "Picture it, Cicely 1912" or one of Rose's St Olaf stories, and of course the men of Blanche's Boudoir!! This show just had the best ensemble!

To this day I still watch the reruns whenever they are on, and have even recruited the next generation of Golden Girls with Shelby.

Some day I hope to have my own little group of "Golden Girls" Though I am not sure who I want to be yet!

Photobucket

No comments: