Random stuff bout Me, Chad, Shelby or anything else I feel like talking about

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

My Girl is SOO AWESOME!

I just have to brag about my little girl. Or should I say my young lady? She is just growing up and becoming so smart!

So Shelby started piano lessons about 6 weeks ago. The piano showcase for students was this past Sunday. Her teacher told her that she didn't have to participate since she hadn't been taking lessons that long but Shelby wanted to.

Okay so let's pause here for a minute so that I can explain a little something. Neither Chad or I like attention. We don't want to be the center of attention, we don't like being up on stage, we don't like performing. So imagine our surprise when Shelby willingly wanted to be in the recital!

So her teacher let her pick from a few songs. Nothing too hard - Yankee Doodle Dandy and Hot Cross Buns. Compared to what others played, it was no Mozart or Beethoven but I was SO proud of her!

So I guess I should not have been too surprised a few days later by what she did.

So...her bus stops at the end of our road around 3:50. I got there at 3:51. I didn't see the bus heading down the road and I didn't see any kidlets walking down the road so I figured the bus hadn't come yet. So I sat, and sat and sat. I didn't want to drive down to the house in case the bus hadn't come yet but what else could I do?

Well right about this time in my thoughts my cell phone rang. I thought it was Chad because his picture popped up (but only because the home number is attached to his contact in my phone). It was Shelby! She goes "Where are you mommy? I'm home" Oh the relief I felt!! She wasn't even phased by having to walk home. She just did it, let herself in the house, brought in the packages on the front porch, even let the dog out and then grabbed her phone book that had my cell number in it and called me!

I am just so proud of her! I am a bit sad as well though because, well, it means my little girl is growing up and I don't like the thought of that.

I mean I stopped aging, why can't she??

No comments: