Random stuff bout Me, Chad, Shelby or anything else I feel like talking about

Saturday, January 24, 2009

To Talk or Not to Talk, That is the Question

So I went to get my haircut today. And that brings me to my question. What is the proper etiquette when it comes talking while you are getting your haircut?

As you know, I am a reserved person to begin with. I am not good with idle chit-chat with strangers. I am not comfortable with awkward silences. Am I suppose to make conversation? Do I wait for them to make conversation? What do I do??!! Do I ask them questions? Mention the weather?? What!?!? I hate going to get my hair done, or nails or anything where I am sitting there for period of time and might have to talk!! At least when you go to the dentist you have an excuse not to say anything, what with all of those tools in your mouth!

But the amazing part? I walked right in and got seated! On a Saturday no less! And my haircut was only $7.99! I was expecting it to be $18!! What a nice surprise!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Hmmm... some good questions. I usually don't talk. When I had my regular lady up in Kirkland, I would talk. But even when I get my nails done, we only talk a little bit. I guess it depends on who is doing my hair.....